Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Knitting + Medieval Irish Art + Yarn

Well, I am sorry for the hiatus! I came down with a horrible spring bug, and have just been feeling too sick to even write a post. I'm back now, however, and very excited to join Ginny at Small Things and my fellow fiber artists to show off the latest work on the Norns Project!


I love the way these grey panels look...


They're so wonderfully striking against the light browns I've been using until now!

Add caption

In a few days I'll be back to share more about my Medieval reading, but in the meantime I wanted to share this incredibly exciting piece of news with you.

photo source
Just last recently, Trinity College in Dublin made it possible to view every page of the Book of Kells via computer! Although of course it could never surpass seeing this seminal work of Early Medieval Irish Art in person, this is an exciting way to familiarize oneself with all of the stunning pages.

photo source

And of course, for the knitters/crocheters/weavers among you it provides the perfect opportunity to indulge in this gorgeous yarn named for Kells!

Enjoy your week, everyone!!!


Add caption

1 comment:

  1. Popped over from Yarn Along. I'm amazed at your endeavor here to knit this beautiful cable blanket. I have a love of cable knit, and am happy to finally know how to knit so that I can work out the simple cables ;) Must look back through your blog to view more of your blanket. I must also look into the computer access to the Book of Kells! My mother got me interested in this many years ago. Have a great day ... Wendy

    ReplyDelete